This policy sets out how Classic Capital Limited (company number 8061758) (we, us, our) collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information when you visit and use our website www.classic-capital.co.nz.
What personal information we collect and how we use it
If you express an interest in investing by filling in our contact form on our website, we will collect the information you provide to us including your name, email address and phone number. This information is used to send you an information pack and to contact you to follow-up on your interest in investing (either via e-mail or phone).
If you interact with us on social media – if you comment, follow, like or mention us on Instagram, Facebook or YouTube we will have access to your interactions and your profile information. We get this information from our interaction with you or from the social media platform. We use this information to communicate with you, for example by responding to your comments.
We also use Facebook Lead Ads, and will collect the information you provide to us including your name, email address and phone number. This information is used to send you an information pack and to contact you to follow-up on your interest in investing (either via e-mail or phone).
If you opt in to receiving marketing and promotional materials we will collect personal information, such as your name and email address. We do this by asking you to enter your email address into an online form. We use this information to market and provide you with updates on our, and our related companies, products and services. E-mail subscriptions are optional and you can unsubscribe at any time.
How we use your personal information
We may also use your personal information:
- to verify your identity;
- to provide to you, and improve, our website;
- to provide to you, and improve, our (and our related companies) products and services;
- to market and provide you with updates on our, and our related companies, products and services;
- to contact you either via e-mail or telephone to follow-up on your investment interest;
- to respond to communications from you;
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis);
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim; and
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
If you do not provide us with the personal information requested, we may be unable to do the above.
Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- any business that supports our products, services, website and communication channels (including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide our services, website and communication channels) where necessary for that business to provide those services to us;
- our employees and related companies;
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority);
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency); or
- any other person authorised by you.
A business that supports our services and products may be located outside of New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is transferred outside of New Zealand. When this occurs, we will ensure we comply with our obligations under the Act.
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right:
- to obtain confirmation of whether or not we hold personal information about you;
- to access that personal information; and
- to request a correction of that personal information.
If you want to exercise any of your above rights, you can contact us (details below). Your message should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request.
160 17th Avenue, Tauranga South, Tauranga 3112
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
Last updated July 2021